Mumbai local train may seem like just a mode of transportation to many.
But to many, it is a Life line, a model that holds on a Diversity, a plethora of Human emotions reflecting moments of joy and sorrow.
1) Right from boarding the train, you see how OPTIMISTIC the people are, when you hear them saying the following lines, in a rush where even standing on two legs becomes a struggle.
arey bhai ,andar bhado, bahot jagah hai, poora train khali hai.
Which translates to:
Brother , move inside , there’s a lot of space inside, the train is empty.
2) Mumbai local has taught people a small lesson of SHARING , popularly known as ‘The Fourth Seat’ wherein, there is always a place for a fourth person to sit on a seat of three, irrespective of the size and shape of the three already sitting.
3) SHOPPING was never so easy, from eatables to clothing and accessory, right next to your seat.
4) BHAJAN KEERTAN does attract your attention. And trust me..you’ll enjoy this more than your Walkman or iPod.
5) It’s true that ‘People in Mumbai got no time’ , so why waste it while travelling.
6) ANGER and FIGHT becomes inevitable sometimes..
7) Bored! Let’s play a GAME.
8) You never knew you were so DAREDEVIL until one day, when you boarded a running train.
9) That occasional Glimpse of CELEBRITIES.
10) That WINDOW SEAT and FOOT-BOARD travelling, that smile… when stream of air runs grazes your face.
11) Nothing compared to the BLISS of a nap over a shoulder.
12)There are a few SAD sides in our society too.
13) And a few TRAGEDY we faced.
14) But nothing can shatter us. our SPIRITS and HOPES are always high.
Yes, it is very crowded, it is sometimes frustrating and tiring. It is difficult and many a time it is not so enjoyable. But so is LIFE, and Mumbai local models it very well.
It is not just a mode of transportation , it is a JOURNEY.