Ganesh Chaturthi 2017: Mumbaikars are all set to welcome Lord Ganesha this Friday. Glittering decorations in the mandals set up along the bylanes, rows of fairy lights, magnificent themes and delicious snack preparations are all underway for one of the most awaited festivals in Maharashtra. Let take a look at some of the mumbai’s most richest pandals and their insurance ammount.
1. GSB Mandal, King Circle: Being at the peak of the list, it has bought insurance cover of worth Rs. 300 Cr. As there is an increase in the number of devotees each year, they receive more and more of Gold and Silver. The insurance policy includes theft and robbery of the ornaments, public liability, shields against earthquake or other natural calamities, and also guard the devotees and volunteers
2. Lalbaugcha Raja, Lalbaug: Lalbaugcha Raja is Mumbai’s esteemed and most revered. It stands second in the list with its whopping collection that just increases year after year. This time, the Mandal has insured two policies of Rs. 51 crore for pandal and Rs. 15 crore for its devotees.
3. GSB Mandal, Ram Mandir, Wadala: The GSB, Ram Mandir Wadala, ranks third in this list. It has bought a policy worth Rs. 105 crores. Albeit the deity is set up for 5 days, it attracts lakhs of devotees and collects a mammoth amount of crores each year.
4. Mumbaicha Raja, Ganeshgalli: The iconic diety, Mumbaicha Raja is installed for 10 days in Ganeshgalli. The pandal is known for its grand idol and mesmerizing themes. Even they have increased their insurance to avoid mishaps.
5. Khetwadi Ganraj, Khetwadi, Girgaum: One of the most iconic Ganesh Idols in Mumbai, Khetwadi Ganraj is a popular name amongst the devotees. It is known for its amazing amalgamation of themes, and this year it is going to be Roman and Rajasthani fusion.