Famous mumbai ganesh mandals pandals ? There are n number of pandals and mandals to visit in Mumbai.But there are some really unique and famous pandels you must visit. Lets take a look at some very famous pandals in mumbai.
01. Lalbaugcha Raja
- The Lalbaugcha Raja, King of Lalbaug, is undoubtedly the most famous Ganesh statue in Mumbai. The mandal was founded in 1934, and has grown to be the most visited one in the city. The Kambli family, of Kambli Arts, has been making the idol since 1935.
- It draws an average of 1.5 million people a day. People believe that wishes are fulfilled here if if you pray honestly.
Location: Lalbaug market, GD Ambedkar Road, Lalbaug (central Mumbai).
Nearest Railway Station: Walking distance from Lower Parel, Curry Road, and Chinchpolki stations.
02. Ganesh galli (Mumbai cha raja)
- Mumbaicha Raja, in Ganesh Galli (Lane), is located only a couple of lanes away from the Lalbaugcha Raja and is also very popular.
The mandal is well known for its lavish new themes every year, often a replica of a famous place in India. It was formed for the benefit of the mill workers in 1928, making it the oldest one in the area.
Location: Ganesh Galli (Lane), Lalbaug (central Mumbai).
Nearest Railway Station: Chinchpokli, Curry Road, and Lower Parel railway stations are close by.
03. Khetwadi Cha Raja
- Khetwadi Ganraj, an award wining ganesh idol is considered to be one of the most best Ganesh idols in Mumbai. The mandal was established in 1959 but found fame in 2000, when it made the highest Ganesh idol in Indian history, standing 40 feet tall.
Location: 12th Lane Kehetwadi, Girgaum (south Mumbai).
Nearest Railway Station: The nearest stations are Charni Road and Sandhurst Road.
04. GSB Seva Mandal (Kings Circle)
- The GSB Seva Mandal Ganesh idol that has been made with over 70kg of gold and nearly 450kg silver at King Circle in Mumbai. The mandal is celebrating having completed 62 years. According to the organisers, the idol is eco-friendly, made up of clay and durva. Water-soluble colours have also been used. The idol’s 22-inch crown, both hands, the two feet, his trunk, both ears, the snake belt and severeal other articles have been made of pure gold.
Location: G.S.B. Sports Club Ground, Near S.N.D.T. Women’s College, R.A. Kidwai Road, King’s Circle, Matunga (central Mumbai).
Nearest Railway Station: Kings Circle on the Harbour Line and Matunga on the Central Line.
05. Chinchpoklicha Chintamani
- Chinchpoklicha Chintamani is the most famous ganesh idol in Chinchpokli. It has been awarded many awards for its unique design and vintage sets.You must see its agaman and solaha, you will love it.
- Location: Chinchpokli, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400012
Nearest Railway Station: Chinchpokli
Hope you like the post 🙂