Beaches to visit in goa are famous across the country and it is the place associated most with beautiful beaches and with so many of these out there, we help you get down to the 30 best beaches in Goa, all very characteristically different. Order: North to South
1. Querim Beach, North Goa
- Also known as Keri Beach or Kerim Beach, it is the northern-most beach of Goa and located close to Tiracol fort. It has an Old Portuguese Fort and a 17th century church overlooking a peaceful unexplored beach with calm shore.
- The fort, now converted to a hotel, can be reached by a ferry which plies every half an hour.
02. Arambol Beach, North Goa
- A 16 km long unexplored beach surrounded by cliffs on two sides, with a Fresh Water lake and chirpy markets nearby, Arambol is considered to be one of the best beaches in Goa. This cove like beach is a traditional fisherman village with a distinct bohemian feel which attracts many international tourists and alternative travellers. A short walk to the north takes you to several attractive bays,
03. Mandrem Beach, North Goa
- Mandrem is of the most beautiful beaches of North Goa. The white sand is dotted by Beach Shacks and one can also go on Dolphin spotting trips or explore the Mandrem Village. Junas and Ashvem are the two main beaches with shallow and calm waters which make it a great place to swim. During high tide, water rushes up the Mandrem creek which runs parallel to the shoreline. A lot of bamboo bridges are spawned across this creek and are a great place to spend romantic evenings with your feet dipped in the water. One can also spot some animal life like the white-bellied fish eagles that live in the casuarina trees and the ocassional Olive Ridley turtles that nest here. Good places to eat include End of the World Cafe for fish & Oasis for north Indian fare. Mandrem is located 32 km north of Panaji
04. Morjim Beach, North Goa
- Morjim is one of most secluded beaches in North Goa. It is a great place to spot a large variety of birds and Olive Ridley Turtles, hillocks and good food. Morjim is also known as mini-Russia due to large concentration of Russian immigrants and considered to be one of the top 10 beaches in Goa. It is located on the northern bank of the Chapora River estuary and is a fairly quiet place owning to the nesting ground of the endangered species. Late night parties and loud music is banned and relaxation, alternate therapies, kite-surfing etc. is promoted Morjim is located 29 km north of Panaji
05. Chapora Beach
- Calm Shore, beautiful sea beach, water sports, good food in the Beach shacks along the coast make it one of the most loved beaches of Goa. The white sand along with black lava rocksa and the Chapora fort overlooking the sea make for an endearing sight. One can also explore the Chapora village nearby Chapora Beach is 24km north of Panaji
Hope you like the post 🙂