Bandra Worli Sea Link Facts: The Bandra-Worli Sea Link is the new identity of Mumbai. The cable-stayed bridge was constructed between 2000-2010. The sea link is also known as Rajiv Gandhi Sea Link, connecting Bandra and Worli in Mumbai. The cable-styled Bandra-Worli Sea Link was constructed by Hindustan Construction Company. The sea link bridge was commissioned by the Maharashtra State Road Transportation Corporation (MSRDC) with a cost of US$250 million. The Bandra-Worli Sea Link is considered as one of the most popular travel attractions in Mumbai.
1. The construction of the bridge started in 2000 and completed in 2010. It took 10 years to be completed fully functional.
2. The bridge was constructed by the Hindustan Construction Company, India
3. A few people know the real name of this bridge which is “Rajiv Gandhi Sea Link”. The bridge is popularly known as Bandra-Worli Sea Link.
4. The bridge cost US$250 million or Rs. 16 billion Indian rupees.
5. Bandra-Worli Sea Link had an average daily traffic of 37,500 vehicles (approx.).
Kanheri Caves Source